What do you do with a bye week?

Karen Freberg defines Virality as the "rapid dissemination of information from person to person," noting that it "is one way in which news, stories, and updates reach across various networks in a short amount of time" (Social Media for Strategic Communication: Creative Strategies and Research-Based Applications, 2019, Sage, p. 9). The funny thing about viral posts, is that one can rarely intentionally create a post designed to spread through social media in this manner. The worst thing is someone posting something and putting on the post "let's make this go viral!" Is it just me, or is that a sure way for others to decide never to share an item from someone else?

A great friend of mine created a video this weekend. It is hilarious and fun. I will note upfront that my husband, my daughter, and my son-in-law, and I all make appearances in it. I am excited to see how viral it becomes. Many elements are there for it go succeed. It has humor. It relates to sports fans in a huge way, especially Packers fans. It has a cute baby in it. The music is great. So, we will wait to see how it goes.



The musical that my friend wrote was a huge hit at the Northern Sky Theater. Most performances were sold out. It's showing again this coming summer. I expect that eventually this play will show in every community in the state.

Whether the video goes viral or not, it was a really fun project to take part in. Having edited videos before, I can imagine the painstaking attention to detail involved in making the lip syncing match the song. I hope you enjoy viewing it!

What Do You Do with a Bye-Week?


Comments

Popular Posts